- Postdoctoral Scholar, University of California, Berkeley, Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Georgia Institute of Technology, Department of Materials Science and Engineering
- Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, Vanderbilt University
- B.E. in Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Birla Institute of Technology and Science, India
Roy’s research interests broadly include engineering novel functional materials to improve electronics for Internet-of-things, and development of energy-efficient devices for electronics and sensors. She is interested in developing electronic and optoelectronic devices with two-dimensional materials for low-power computing. Another aspect of her research dwells with wide bandgap semiconductors for high-power electronic applications. She is keen on studying the reliability of different materials systems and semiconductor devices.
- Development of electronic and optoelectronic devices with novel functional materials
- High power electronics with wide bandgap semiconductors
- Reliability of semiconductor devices
- Roy et al., “2D-2D Tunnel FETs with WSe2/SnSe2 van der Waals heterojunctions,” Appl. Phys. Lett., vol. 108, 0831111-5, 2016. (APL Editor’s Pick)
- Zhao, S. B. Desai, M. Tosun, T. Roy, H. Fang, A. B. Sachid, and A. Javey, “2D Layered Materials: From Materials Properties to Device Applications,” Intl. Electron Dev. Meeting (IEDM), 2015. (invited)
- Roy, M. Tosun, X. Cao, H. Fang, D. Lien, P. Zhao, Y. Chen, Y. Chueh, J. Guo, and A. Javey, “Dual-gated MoS2/WSe2 van der Waals Tunnel Diodes and Transistors,” ACS Nano, vol. 9, pp. 2071-9, 2015.
- D.-H. Lien, J. S. Kang, M. Amani, K. Chen, M. Tosun, H.-P. Wang, T. Roy, M. S. Eggleston, M. C. Wu, M. Dubey, S.-C. Lee, J.-H. He, A. Javey, “Engineering Light Outcoupling in 2D Materials”, Nano Letters, vol. 15, pp. 1356-61, 2015.
- Roy, M. Tosun, J. S. Kang, A. B. Sachid, S. Desai, M. Hettick, C. C. Hu, and A. Javey, “Field-Effect Transistors Built from All Two-Dimensional Material Components,” ACS Nano, vol. 8, pp. 6259–6264, 2014. (ACS Nano Top 20 most read articles of 2014; LBL news; C&EN news; IEEE Spectrum; ACS Nano Editor’s Choice)
- Roy, L. Liu, S. de la Barrera, B. Chakrabarti, Z. R.Hesabi, C. A. Joiner, R. M. Feenstra, G. Gu, and E. M. Vogel, “Tunneling characteristics in chemical vapor deposited graphene-hexagonal boron nitride-graphene junctions, ”Appl. Phys. Lett., vol. 104, pp. 1235061-4, 2014.
- Chakrabarti, T. Roy, and E. M. Vogel, “Nonlinear switching with ultralow reset power in Graphene-Insulator-Graphene forming-free Resistive Memories,” IEEE Electron Dev. Lett., vol. 35, pp. 750-752, 2014.
- Roy, E. X. Zhang, Y. S. Puzyrev, X. Shen, D. M. Fleetwood, R. D. Schrimpf, G. Koblmueller, R. Chu, C. Poblenz, N. Fichtenbaum, C. S. Suh, U. K. Mishra, J. S. Speck, and S. T. Pantelides, “Temperature-dependence and microscopic origin of low frequency 1/f noise in GaN/AlGaN high electron mobility transistors”, Appl. Phys. Lett., vol. 99, no. 20, pp. 2030501-3, 2011.
- Roy, Y. S. Puzyrev, E. X. Zhang, D. M. Fleetwood, R. D. Schrimpf and S. T. Pantelides, “Reliability-limiting defects in AlGaN/GaN HEMTs”, IEEE International Reliability Physics Symposium, Monterey, CA, 10-14th April 2011.
- Roy, Y. S. Puzyrev, E. X. Zhang, S. DasGupta, S. A. Francis, D. M. Fleetwood, R. D. Schrimpf, U. K. Mishra, J. S. Speck, and S. T. Pantelides, “1/f noise in GaN HEMTs grown under Ga-rich, N-rich, and NH3-rich conditions”, Microelectron. Reliab., vol. 51, no. 2, pp. 212-216, 2011.
- Roy, Y. S. Puzyrev, B. R. Tuttle, D. M. Fleetwood, R. D. Schrimpf, D. F. Brown, U. K. Mishra, and S. T. Pantelides, “Electrical-stress-induced degradation in AlGaN/GaN high electron mobility transistors grown under gallium-rich, nitrogen-rich, and ammonia-rich conditions”, Appl. Phys. Lett., vol. 96, no. 13, pp. 133503-5, 2010.