Ehsan Shirzaei Sani
- Postdoc: California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, CA, 2023
- Ph.D.: University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA, 2020
- M.S.: Sharif University of Technology, Tehran, Iran, 2012
- B.S.: University of Sistan & Baluchestan, Zahedan, Iran, 2010
Ehsan Sani joined the UCF Department of Materials Science and Engineering as an assistant professor in fall 2023 under the UCF Infectious Disease and Travel Health Initiative. He specializes in advanced multifunctional and multimodal biomaterials for human/machine interfaces and regenerative medicine, as well as wearable/implantable technologies for theragnostic applications. Sani’s academic journey began with a degree in chemical engineering from the University of Sistan and Baluchestan, followed by a master’s degree in chemical engineering and polymer science from Sharif University of Technology. He obtained his doctoral degree in chemical engineering from University of California, Los Angeles in 2020, where his research was focused on the development of multifunctional hydrogel-based bioadhesive platforms for suture less sealing and repair of soft and hard tissues. Sani is the author/co-author of over 40 research articles, one book chapter and holds five U.S. patent applications.
- Wearable and implantable devices for personalized medicine
- Tissue engineering and regenerative medicine
- Shirzaei Sani, C. Xu, C. Wang, Y. Song, J. Min, J. Tu, S. A. Solomon, J. Li, J. L. Banks, D. G. Armstrong, W. Gao, “A stretchable wireless wearable bioelectronic system for multiplexed monitoring and combination treatment of infected chronic wounds”, Science Advances, 2023, 9, eadf7388.
- Shirzaei Sani, R. Portillo Lara, Z. Aldawood, S. H. Bassir, D. Nguyen, Alpdogan Kantarci, G. Intini, N. Annabi, “An Antimicrobial Dental Light Curable Bioadhesive Hydrogel for Treatment of Peri-Implant Diseases”, Matter, 2019, 1, 4, 926-944.
- Shirzaei Sani, C. Wang, W. Gao, A soft bioaffinity sensor array for chronic wound monitoring Matter, 2022, 4, 8, 2613-2615.
- Shirzaei Sani, A. Kheirkhah, D. Rana, Z. Sun, W. Foulsham, A. Sheikhi, A. Khademhosseini, R. Dana, N. Annabi, Sutureless repair of corneal injuries using naturally derived bioadhesive hydrogels, Science Advances, 2019, 5, eaav1281.
- Shirzaei Sani, R. Portillo-Lara, I. Noshadi, W. Yu, B. M. Geilich, A. Spencer, T. J. Webster, and N. Annabi, “Engineering adhesive hyaluronic acid/elastin like polypeptide hybrid hydrogels for tissue engineering applications”. ACS Biomaterials Science & Engineering, 2018.
- Wang, E. Shirzaei Sani, W. Gao., Wearable Bioelectronics for Chronic Wound Management, Advanced Functional Materials, 2022, 32, 17, 2270099.
- Lee, E. Shirzaei Sani, A. Spencer, Y. Guan, A. S. Wiess, N. Annabi, “Highly elastic human recombinant protein based bioinks for 3d bioprinting of complex soft tissues”, Advanced Materials, 2020. 32, 45, 2003915.
- Best Poster Presentation Award in the American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AIChE) Annual Meeting 2018
- Young Investigator Award from the Iranian American Medical Association (IAMA) 2018
- Best Poster Presentation Award at the PhD Research Expo Recap 2018
- Best Poster Presentation Award at the Materials Research Society (MRS) Conference 2017.
- American Institute of Chemical Engineers
- Materials Research Society