Ph.D., Georgia Institute of Technology (Atlanta, GA) in Electrical Engineering
M.S., University of Cincinnati (Cincinnati, OH) in Electrical Engineering
B.S., Bharathidasan University (India) in Electronics Engineering
- Micro and nanofabrication technologies
- Micro and nanofabrication on plastics, paper, biomaterials and other novel materials;
- Flexible electronics fabrication technologies
- Implantable MEMS/NEMS devices
- Wearable MEMS devices
- Packaging for microelectronic and biomedical devices
- Microneedles for painless drug delivery
- Advanced micro and nano-materials development
- Micro and nano-manipulation
- A. Kundu, M. Campos, S. Santra & S. Rajaraman, “Precision Vascular Delivery of Agrochemicals with Micromilled Microneedles (µMMNs)”, Scientific Reports volume 9, Article number: 14008, https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-019-50386-8, 2019.
- N. Azim, A. Kundu, M. Royse, Y. Li Sip, M. Young, S. Santra, L. Zhai and S. Rajaraman, “Fabrication and Characterization of a 3D Printed MicroElectrodes Platform with Functionalized Electrospun Nanoscaffolds and Spin Coated 3D Insulation Towards Multifunctional Biosystems”, IEEE/ASME Journal of Microelectromechanical Systems (JMEMS) https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/8709727, 2019
- A. Kundu, C. Nattoo, S. Fremgen, S. Springer, T. Ausaf and S. Rajaraman, “Optimization of Makerspace Microfabrication Techniques and Materials for the Realization of Planar, 3D Printed Microelectrode Arrays in under Four Days”, RSC Advances, 9, pp. 8949 – 8963 https://pubs.rsc.org/en/content/articlelanding/2019/ra/c8ra09116a#!divAbstract, 2019.
- N. Azim, C. Hart, F. Sommerhage, M. Aubin, J. Hickman and S. Rajaraman, “Precision Plating of Human Electrogenic Cells on Microelectrodes Enhanced with Precision Electrodeposited Nano-Porous Platinum for Cell-Based Biosensing Applications”, IEEE/ASME Journal of Microelectromechanical Systems (JMEMS), 28 (1), pp. 50-62 https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/8604145, 2019.
- C. Hart, A. Kundu, K. Kumar, S. Varma, J. Thomas and S. Rajaraman, “Rapid Nanofabrication of Nanostructured Interdigitated Electrodes (nIDEs) for Long Term, in vitro Analysis of Human Induced Pluripotent Stem Cell Differentiated Cardiomyocytes”, Biosensors, 8(4), 88, https://doi.org/10.3390/bios8040088, 2018.
- S. Varma, K. Kumar, S. Seal, S. Rajaraman and J. Thomas, “Fiber-type Solar Cells, Nanogenerators, Batteries, and Supercapacitors for Wearable Applications”, Advanced Science, https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1002/advs.201800340, 2018.
- A. Kundu, T. Ausaf and S. Rajaraman, “3D Printing, Ink Casting and Micromachined Lamination (3D PICLµM): A Makerspace Approach to the Fabrication of Biological Microdevices”, Micromachines 9(2), 85, https://www.mdpi.com/2072-666X/9/2/85, 2018
- C. Karnati, R.J. Aguilar, C. Arrowood, J.D. Ross and S. Rajaraman, "Micromachining on and of Transparent Polymers for Patterning Electrodes and Growing Electrically Active Cells for Biosensor Applications", Micromachines 8(8), 250, https://www.mdpi.com/2072-666X/8/8/250, 2017