Ph.D., Georgia Institute of Technology (Atlanta, GA) in Electrical Engineering
M.S., University of Cincinnati (Cincinnati, OH) in Electrical Engineering
B.S., Bharathidasan University (India) in Electronics Engineering
- Micro and nanofabrication technologies
- Micro and nanofabrication on plastics, paper, biomaterials and other novel materials;
- Flexible electronics fabrication technologies
- Implantable MEMS/NEMS devices
- Wearable MEMS devices
- Packaging for microelectronic and biomedical devices
- Microneedles for painless drug delivery
- Advanced micro and nano-materials development
- Micro and nano-manipulation
- Didier, D. Fox, K. Pollard, A. Baksh, N. Iyer, A. Bosak, Y. Li Sip, J. Orrico, A. Kundu, R. Ashton, L. Zhai, M. Moore, and S. Rajaraman* “Fully Integrated 3D Microelectrode Arrays with Polydopamine-Mediated Silicon Dioxide Insulation for Electrophysiological Interrogation of a Novel 3D Human, Neural Microphysiological Construct”, ACS Applied Materials and Interfaces vol. 15 (31), 37157 – 37173, 2023: https://pubs.acs.org/doi/10.1021/acsami.3c05788
- Manrique Castro, F. Sommerhage, R. Khanna, A. Childs, D. DeRoo, and S. Rajaraman*, “High-Throughput Microbead Assay System with a Portable, Cost-Effective Wi-Fi Imaging Module, and Disposable Multi-Layered Microfluidic Cartridges for Virus and Microparticle Detection and Tracking”, Biomedical Microdevices, 25, 21, 2023: https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10544-023-00661-3#citeas
- Didier, J. Orrico, O. Cepeda Torres, J. Manrique Castro, A. Baksh, and S. Rajaraman*, “Microfabricated Polymer-Metal Biosensors for Multifarious Data Collection from Electrogenic Cellular Models”, Nature Microsystems and Nanoengineering, 9, 22, 2023: https://www.nature.com/articles/s41378-023-00488-1
- Bagde, S. Dev, L. Sriram, S. Spencer, A. Kalvala, A. Nathani, O. Salau, K. Mosley-Kellum, H. Dalvaigari, S. Rajaraman, A. Kundu, and M. Singh, “Biphasic Burst and Sustained Transdermal Delivery in vivo using an AI-optimized 3D-Printed MN Patch”, International Journal of Pharmaceuticals, 2023, 122647: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0378517323000674
- Childs, J. Pereira, C. Didier, A. Baksh, I. Johnson, J. Manrique Castro, E. Davidson, S. Santra, and S. Rajaraman*, “Plotter Cut Stencil Masks for the Deposition of Inorganic and Organic Materials and a New Rapid, Cost Effective Technique for Antimicrobial Evaluations”, Micromachines 14, 1, doi. 10.3390/mi14010014, 2023: https://www.mdpi.com/2072-666X/14/1/14
- Azim, J. Orrico, D. Appavoo, L. Zhai, and S. Rajaraman*, “Polydopamine Surface Functionalization of 3D Printed Resin Material for Enhanced Polystyrene Adhesion Towards Insultation Layers for 3D Microelectrode Arrays (3D MEAs)”, RSC Advances, 2022, 12, 25605-25616: https://pubs.rsc.org/en/content/articlelanding/2022/ra/d2ra03911g
- Manrique Castro, and S. Rajaraman*, “Experimental and Modeling Based Investigations of Process Parameters on a Novel, 3D printed and Self-Insulated 24-well, High Throughput 3D Microelectrode Array Device for Biological Applications”, IEEE/ASME Journal of Microelectromechanical Systems (JMEMS), 31 (3), pp. 358 – 371, 2022: https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/9744493
- A. Kundu, M. Campos, S. Santra & S. Rajaraman, “Precision Vascular Delivery of Agrochemicals with Micromilled Microneedles (µMMNs)”, Scientific Reports volume 9, Article number: 14008, https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-019-50386-8, 2019.
- N. Azim, A. Kundu, M. Royse, Y. Li Sip, M. Young, S. Santra, L. Zhai and S. Rajaraman, “Fabrication and Characterization of a 3D Printed MicroElectrodes Platform with Functionalized Electrospun Nanoscaffolds and Spin Coated 3D Insulation Towards Multifunctional Biosystems”, IEEE/ASME Journal of Microelectromechanical Systems (JMEMS) https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/8709727, 2019
- A. Kundu, C. Nattoo, S. Fremgen, S. Springer, T. Ausaf and S. Rajaraman, “Optimization of Makerspace Microfabrication Techniques and Materials for the Realization of Planar, 3D Printed Microelectrode Arrays in under Four Days”, RSC Advances, 9, pp. 8949 – 8963 https://pubs.rsc.org/en/content/articlelanding/2019/ra/c8ra09116a#!divAbstract, 2019.
- N. Azim, C. Hart, F. Sommerhage, M. Aubin, J. Hickman and S. Rajaraman, “Precision Plating of Human Electrogenic Cells on Microelectrodes Enhanced with Precision Electrodeposited Nano-Porous Platinum for Cell-Based Biosensing Applications”, IEEE/ASME Journal of Microelectromechanical Systems (JMEMS), 28 (1), pp. 50-62 https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/8604145, 2019.
- C. Hart, A. Kundu, K. Kumar, S. Varma, J. Thomas and S. Rajaraman, “Rapid Nanofabrication of Nanostructured Interdigitated Electrodes (nIDEs) for Long Term, in vitro Analysis of Human Induced Pluripotent Stem Cell Differentiated Cardiomyocytes”, Biosensors, 8(4), 88, https://doi.org/10.3390/bios8040088, 2018.
- S. Varma, K. Kumar, S. Seal, S. Rajaraman and J. Thomas, “Fiber-type Solar Cells, Nanogenerators, Batteries, and Supercapacitors for Wearable Applications”, Advanced Science, https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1002/advs.201800340, 2018.
- A. Kundu, T. Ausaf and S. Rajaraman, “3D Printing, Ink Casting and Micromachined Lamination (3D PICLµM): A Makerspace Approach to the Fabrication of Biological Microdevices”, Micromachines 9(2), 85, https://www.mdpi.com/2072-666X/9/2/85, 2018
- C. Karnati, R.J. Aguilar, C. Arrowood, J.D. Ross and S. Rajaraman, “Micromachining on and of Transparent Polymers for Patterning Electrodes and Growing Electrically Active Cells for Biosensor Applications”, Micromachines 8(8), 250, https://www.mdpi.com/2072-666X/8/8/250, 2017