Symbols: + corresponding author, * equal contribution, Florczyk Lab students, # undergraduate
August 2015 – present
- Xu K, Ganapathy K, Andl T, Wang Z, Copland JA, Chakrabarti R, Florczyk SJ+, “3D porous chitosan-alginate scaffold stiffness promotes differential responses in prostate cancer cell lines.” Biomaterials, 217: 119311 (2019).
- Newell R, Wang Z, Arias I, Mehta A, Sohn Y, Florczyk SJ+, “Direct contact cytotoxicity evaluation of CoCrFeNi-based high entropy alloys.” Journal of Functional Biomaterials, 9 (4): 59 (2018).
- Pazmino Betancourt BA, Florczyk SJ, Simon M, Juba D, Douglas JF, Keyrouz W, Bajcsy P, Lee C, and Simon CG, “Effect of the scaffold microenvironment on cell polarizability and capacitance determined by probabilistic computations.” Biomedical Materials, 13: 025012 (2018).
- Bajcsy P*, Yoon S*, Florczyk SJ*, Hotaling N*, Simon M, Szczypinski PM, Schaub NJ, Simon CG, Brady M, Sriram R, “Modeling, validation and verification of three-dimensional cell-scaffold contacts from terabyte-sized images.” BMC Bioinformatics, 18: 526 (2017). *equal contribution
- Florczyk SJ+, Simon M, Juba D, Pine PS, Sarkar S, Chen D, Baker PJ, Bodhak S, Cardone A, Brady MC, Bajcsy P, and Simon CG, “Bioinformatics 3D cellular morphotyping strategy for assessing biomaterial scaffold niches.” ACS Biomaterials Science & Engineering, 3(10): 2302-2313 (2017).
- Guo L, Li Z, Marcus K, Liang K, Zhou L, Mani P, Florczyk S, Coffey K, Orlovskaya N, Sohn Y, Yang Y, “Periodically patterned Au-TiO2 nanostructures for label-free nano-biosensing.” ACS Sensors, 2(5): 621-625 (2017).
- Florczyk SJ*, Kievit FM*, Wang K, Erickson AE, Ellenbogen RG, and Zhang M, “3D porous chitosan-alginate scaffolds promote proliferation and enrichment of cancer stem-like cells.” Journal of Materials Chemistry B, 4: 6326-6334 (2016). *equal contribution
- Chen D, Sarkar S, Candia J, Florczyk SJ, Bodhak S, Driscoll MK, Simon CG, Dunkers JP, Losert W, “Machine learning based methodology to identify cell shape phenotypes associated with microenvironmental cues.” Biomaterials, 104: 104-118 (2016).
- Wang K, Kievit FM, Florczyk SJ, Stephen ZR, Zhang M, “3D porous chitosan-alginate scaffolds as an in vitro model for evaluating nanoparticle-mediated tumor targeting and gene delivery to prostate cancer.” Biomacromolecules, 16(10): 3362-3372 (2015).
- Bajcsy P, Simon M, Florczyk SJ, Simon CG, Juba D, and Brady M, “A method for the evaluation of thousands of automated 3D stem cell segmentations.” Journal of Microscopy, (2015). doi: 10.1111/jmi.12303
Before August 2015 (before UCF)
- Kievit FM*, Florczyk SJ*, Leung MC, Wang K, Wu JD, Silber JR, Ellenbogen RG, Lee JSH, and Zhang M, “Proliferation and enrichment of CD133+ glioblastoma cancer stem cells on 3D chitosan-alginate scaffolds.” Biomaterials, 35(33): 9137-9143 (2014). *equal contribution
- Phan-Lai V, Kievit FM, Florczyk SJ, Wang K, Disis ML, Zhang M, “CCL21 and IFNg recruit and activate tumor specific T cells in 3D scaffold model of breast cancer.” Anti-Cancer Agents in Medicinal Chemistry, 14(2): 204-210 (2014).
- Florczyk SJ*, Wang K*, Jana S, Wood DL, Sytsma SK, Sham J, Kievit FM, Zhang M, “Porous chitosan-hyaluronic acid scaffolds as a mimic of glioblastoma microenvironment ECM.” Biomaterials, 34(38): 10143-10150 (2013). *equal contribution
- Florczyk SJ, Leung M, Li Z, Huang JI, Hopper RA, Zhang M, “Evaluation of 3D porous chitosan-alginate scaffolds in rat calvarial defects for bone regeneration applications.” Journal of Biomedical Materials Research, Part A, 101A(10): 2974-2983 (2013).
- Phan-Lai V*, Florczyk SJ*, Kievit FM, Wang K, Gad E, Disis NL, Zhang M, “Three-dimensional scaffolds to evaluate tumor associated fibroblast-mediated suppression of breast tumor specific T cells.” Biomacromolecules, 14(5): 1330-1337 (2013). *equal contribution
- Galperin A, Oldinski RA, Florczyk SJ, Breyers JD, Zhang M, Ratner BD, “Integrated bi-layered scaffold for osteochondral tissue engineering.” Advanced Healthcare Materials, 2(6): 872-883, (2013).
- Florczyk SJ, Leung M, Jana S, Li Z, Bhattarai N, Huang JI, Hopper RA, Zhang M, “Enhanced bone tissue formation by alginate gel-assisted cell seeding in porous ceramic scaffolds and sustained release of growth factor.” Journal of Biomedical Materials Research, Part A, 100A(12): 3408-3415 (2012).
- Florczyk SJ, Liu G, Kievit FM, Lewis AM, Wu JD, Zhang M, “3D porous chitosan-alginate scaffolds: New matrix for studying prostate cancer cell-lymphocyte interaction in vitro.” Advanced Healthcare Materials, 1(5): 590-599 (2012).
- Jana S, Florczyk SJ, Leung M, Zhang M, “High-strength pristine porous chitosan scaffolds for tissue engineering.” Journal of Materials Chemistry, 22(13): 6291-6299 (2012).
- Florczyk SJ, Kim D, Wood DL, Zhang M, “Influence of processing parameters on pore structure of 3D porous chitosan-alginate polyelectrolyte complex scaffolds.” Journal of Biomedical Materials Research, Part A, 98A(4): 614-620 (2011).
- Leung M, Kievit F, Florczyk SJ, Veiseh O, Wu J, Park JO, Zhang M, “Chitosan-alginate scaffold culture system for hepatocellular carcinoma increases malignancy and drug resistance.” Pharmaceutical Research, 27(9): 1939-1948 (2010).
- Kievit FM, Florczyk SJ, Leung M, Veiseh O, Park JO, Disis ML, Zhang M, “Chitosan-alginate 3D scaffolds as a mimic of the glioma tumor microenvironment.” Biomaterials, 31(22): 5903-5910 (2010).
- Florczyk SJ and Saha S, “Manufacture of nanoparticles from bone: a preliminary study.” Journal of Long-Term Effects of Medical Implants, 19(4): 323-329 (2009).
- Florczyk SJ and Saha S, “Ethical Issues in Nanotechnology.” Journal of Long-Term Effects of Medical Implants, 17(3): 271-280 (2007).
- Florczyk SJ and Saha S, “Ethical Issues in Biomedical Research,” in Wiley Encyclopaedia of Biomedical Engineering, Ed. M. Akay, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., Hoboken, NJ, (2006).