Yongho Sohn is a Pegasus Professor, a Lockheed Martin Professor of Engineering, and the associate director for the Materials Characterization Facility at UCF. MCF is a statewide user facility for academics and industry partmers with major analytical instrumentations and full-time staff engineers.
Sohn joined the UCF in January 2001 as an assistant professor. He is a fellow of ASM International, and a recipient of the NSF CAREER Award, the Outstanding Materials Engineer Award from Purdue University, multiple UCF Research Incentive Awards, and multiple UCF Teaching Incentive Awards. He is an associate editor for the Journal of Phase Equilibria and Diffusion, and a member of the editorial board for Metallurgical and Materials Transactions.
- Ph.D., School of Materials Engineering, Purdue University
- M.S. in Materials Science and Engineering, Worcester Polytechnic Institute
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, Worcester Polytechnic Institute
- Additive manufacturing by powder bed fusion
- Powder processing by gas atomization
- Multicomponent multiphase diffusion
- High temperature materials, coatings, and sensors
- Materials characterization and electron microscopy